Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Tux

I recently went to my first big bridal show since being engaged....I was absolutely flooded with all of the options that are available for weddings these days. Between the sheer size of the event and the blood thirsty brides-to-be, the only thing we managed to check off our list were the tuxedos...and a gagillion phone calls from vendors that I thought were a good idea to fork over my information. You just get so excited about all of the cool booths and forget that maybe a honeymoon in Branson, MO wouldn't be ideal after all. Oh well, I imagine the calls will continue throughout the year :)

As for the tuxes, we decided to go the non-traditional route. The circus theme alone is pretty unconventional so we thought we'd keep it consistent for the tux. With the exception of the 80's, most weddings I've been to the groom/groomsmen look like penguins. The black and white, extremely thick, extremely heavy and extremely uncomfortable traditional tux. At the show, we stumbled upon these dapper suits from Men's Warehouse. After a thorough pat down of the young man modeling it (kidding), we discovered how amazingly thin and light it was! Your welcome boys for not letting you melt in your tuxes...

(photo from Men's Warehouse)

So now, my Andy won't look like my waiter--he'll look like my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment