Thursday, August 19, 2010

Paper Tigers

One of the things I am quickly finding out is how expensive a wedding really is! The more I think about it, the more it makes me queasy...I mean, it's only ONE day! One of the first things that needs to be established when planning your wedding is a budget. Absolutely vital. Once that is in place, you can find ways to tweak and trim the things that are of high and low priorities.
One big expense is flowers. Remembering to purchase flowers in season (*on your wedding day*) can save you beaucoup. Flowers aren't a high priority for me so we are entertaining the idea of having paper flowers.


I love the color palette of these paper decorations.


It's hard to believe these paper flowers are made from coffee filters! Check out the DIY tutorial here from Design Sponge.

(photo via Aunt Peaches)

Another option is to attempt to make your own bouquets. I have been warned that this might be biting off more than you can chew however, I like a challenge. These projects might take a little more time and energy, but it will definitely save you a hefty portion of your budget to spend elsewhere.

Where else can I save some money??

No comments:

Post a Comment